So basically I found this recipe on Tasty, the Facebook page. I really loved the concept and thought it would be delicious so I decided to make it with some modifications to improve its health factor. The recipe is on the bottom of the post.
I’m not a huge fan of spicy, so I omitted the spicy ingredients for the seasoning of the shrimp. I also am not a huge fan of zest because I feel it makes it a bit bitter so I omitted that in the dressing. The recipe also calls for sour cream so instead I used PLAIN Greek yogurt that tastes similar and is a lot healthier. The sauce also wants jalapeños and I omitted that as well. I also chose to only do one cabbage instead of 2 different kinds in order to save a bit of money since you won’t need the whole head and it would be a bit of a waste. Lastly, I didn’t use skewers because I didn’t have any and didn’t want to spend money on them, so I just put them on a sheet on the grill. This serves about 12 corn tacos.
- 2 pounds shrimp, deveined & tails removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
Creamy cilantro sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups red cabbage
- 1/2 of the creamy sauce
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- Grease tin foil with coconut oil and place on the tin to put on the grill. Put the shrimp on the tin nice and spread out.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes then flip, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove and set aside for taco assembly.
- In a bowl, combine all creamy cilantro sauce ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine red cabbage, and half of the creamy sauce over the cabbage, saving the other half for extra sauce to put on the tacos.
- Assemble the tacos on corn tortillas. Add the cabbage mixture, followed by the shrimp. Top with the creamy cilantro sauce.