I was sitting here, again, thinking about what I had left to make a nice healthy lunch for myself. I actually googled some recipes this time because I was curious about what others were doing. I found one on Dr. Oz’s website that is supposed to boost your energy. My philosophy is that no matter what ingredients you stick together, eating healthy will automatically boost your energy because it provides your body with important nutrients and makes your feel good about yourself, empowered. And the more often you stick to it, it not only makes you feel better but it gets easier because it becomes a habit rather than a chore. As usual I modified the recipe just a bit.
- Two bananas
- Tablespoon of peanut butter
- Small vanilla Greek yogurt (I really like Oikos Triple Zero)
- One cup of unsweetened original almond milk
- Two tablespoons of natural granola
- One teaspoon of chia omega-3 seeds
- One teaspoon of golden omega flaxseeds
- A dash of cinnamon
- A bit of ice too
- (The recipe calls for coco powder, I didn’t have any but if I did I would totally use it)
- Throw all your ingredients into a blender apparatis and blend
- Serve and enjoy!