Another yummy recipe! This is one of my absolute favs. I use the recipes on blog.myfitnesspal.com very often. They are extremely healthy, they provide you with good portion control and not to mention they are so good. This one is one I’ve made a bunch, especially in college because it’s so easy.
I modified it only slightly. I don’t particularly love canned vegetables, so instead of canned tomatoes I chopped up real tomatoes. I added a tiny bit more chicken stock and used a little less garlic. I omitted the parmesan cheese because I’m not a huge fan plus it’s salty and slightly fattening so it’s good to omit. Lastly, I like angel hair pasta better than spaghetti so I used that instead.
- 8 oz angel hair (half the box)
- 2 tomatoes chopped into dices
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 10 oz of spinach (I just used a bag of fresh express baby spinach)
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic
- Use a large pot and put the olive oil on the bottom and let it heat up
- Once the oil is warm, add the garlic and onions into the pot and coat with olive oil- let them cook
- Chop the tomatoes into dices then add to the pot, followed by the stock, then the oregano then the pasta
- Cover the pot so the pasta cooks a little bit faster- stir once the pasta submerged in the liquid
- Add the salt and stir
- Slowly add the spinach and keep mixing to get the spinach to cook and wilt
- Remove from heat
Click here for the recipe.