This one is simply DELICIOUS! Its very hearty and very filling. Perfect for storing in the fridge and having nice warm soup when you get home from a long day at work. There are so many different things you can do to this recipe to make it your own!
Next time I make this, I will probably add some corn and cilantro or parsley. There are lots of things that you can add or omit so that it is to your liking.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a soup pot over medium-low heat, drizzle olive oil.
- Add onion, seasoning with salt.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5–6 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the flour, and stir constantly for another minute.
- Stir in the fajita seasonings, then the broth and milk
- Add the pico de gallo, chicken and black beans, and stir once more.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- If desired, serve with tortilla chips, sliced green onions and grated cheese.
Recipe inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/simple-chicken-tortilla-soup/