Loved this recipe! It was a decently small portion, so not something that’s going to really fill you up if you haven’t eaten all day. Super delicious and nice and easy. This can also be delicious with some hash browns and made for breakfast!
In the recipe, they call for 2 ramekins, however I didn’t have 2 small ones so I used a medium sized one for two portions instead. Keep in mind, the yolks of the eggs cook quickly and look less cooked than they are. Eggs in the oven can easily become plastic-like.
I would have loved to use Canadian bacon but I couldn’t find any at the store. Instead I used turkey bacon.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon (about 1/3 cup chopped)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 medium tomatos, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small ramekins or one medium sized
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray ramekin(s) with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Canadian bacon, shallot and tomato. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in spinach. Cook 1 minute, tossing occasionally, until wilted.
- Place mixture into prepared ramekin(s).
- Break 1 egg into each ramekin or on each side of the ramekin, keeping the yolk intact.
- Place ramekin(s) on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until egg whites are opaque and yolks are cooked to desired degree of doneness.
Recipe Inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/oven-baked-egg-spinach-bacon/