We had a lot of left over potatoes from the last two soups I made so we needed to find yet another soup with potatoes in it. While this is a soup, it’s more so a stew in my opinion. More chunky than brothy.
The recipe calls for kale, but my roomie and I are not big kale people so we chose a spinach and arugula mixture. We are big on the booze part though.. so just another attractive part of the recipe because naturally you get to drink beer while cooking, right?!
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 large Carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 10 small Yukon Potatoes, diced
- 4 packets sodium free Bouillon (or cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 12oz bottle Beer
- 1 1/2 spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 arugula, chopped
- 4 cups Water
- In large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions, carrots and garlic until onions become translucent.
- Add potatoes, bouillon, and salt.
- Sauté vegetables until softened, adding beer to pot in batches to keep soup from sticking.
- Stir in spinach and arugula and sauté for 3 minutes until wilted.
- Add water to stock pot and bring soup to a boil over high heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/drunken-potato-and-kale-soup/