Love love love one pot recipes. I love to cook… but I HATE to clean!! Came across this gem here. This is a great one, you’ll love it. I also recommend that you put other yummy veggies in here that you might like. Some I want to try next time are: kalamata olives, arugula and zucchini.
I know that lemon is in the title of this recipe, however, while I like lemon- I don’t love the overwhelming taste of it. I took back some of the lemon that was in the recipe. Feel free to add as much lemon as you’d like!
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces marinated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- In a large pot, warm two tablespoons of the olive oil from the jar of marinated sun dried tomatoes over low-to medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and water then bring to a boil.
- Place the pasta in the pot and stir until it’s completely submerged in the water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until all of the water is absorbed, for about 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and uncover the pot.
- Drain any excess oil from the sun dried tomatoes and then add them to the pot
- Toss in the spinach
- Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice and stir everything together until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!