This one was a bit tricky. It’s super important that you pay attention to the directions because I didn’t and it was MESSY! I was doing lots of damage control throughout the process.
The work is SO worth it though. Buckle up and get ready for another yummy meal! This is another great meal to freeze so you can keep it and keep eating it.
- 1 lb. chicken sausages in casing
- 1½ cups mirepoix – chopped celery, carrot, and onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lb. small pasta – I used orchiette
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Remove the chicken from its casing.
- In a large pot, brown the chicken sausage over medium high heat and drain the excess grease. Set aside.
- Crush the San Marzano tomatoes and sauce in a food processor and set aside.
- Drain the cannellini beans. Place in a food processor. Refill the can with water, add to the food processor, and puree until very smooth.
- In the same large pot as step one, saute the mirepoix, garlic, oregano and salt until soft and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, pureed beans, and broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer for another 20 minutes until pasta is cooked through as sauce is reduced.
- Throw in the baby spinach and the chicken sausage from step one. If needed, add water or broth to adjust the consistency of the pasta before serving.
Recipe Inspiration: http://pinchofyum.com/simple-san-marzano-pasta-e-fagioli