Now I know this sounds interesting, like do I try it or not? Well let me tell you, you TRY it! This soup is super filling and so delicious. It’s exactly when you need when you get home after work and it’s cold out and you just wanna curl up.
If you’re not a big fishy person, I promise that you will still like this soup. It has a very underwhelming fish taste and fish is healthy for you while still being yummy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, (white parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz boneless skinless salmon fillet, cut in chunks
- ½ cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- In large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook leeks, celery, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and flour; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add salmon and corn; simmer until fish flakes easily when tested, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and chives; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Correct seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Inspiration: http://salu-salo.com/salmon-chowder/