Okay guys… this one is a little out there! This sounds kind of crazy, I thought so too. Then naturally, I had to go and add to the crazy…
I have never been a huge parmesan cheese person, but I LOVE mozzarella cheese- even if it’s low fat. So as I was shopping for ingredients to make this Alfredo sauce, I had a thought. What if I use mozzarella instead of parmesan?! Crazy! I know! But trust me it’s delicious.
Also, my stomach is very sensitive to whole wheat items, so I unfortunately have to use regular white. So here we go.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 1/3 cups snow peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- During the last minute of cooking time, add snow peas to pasta. Cook 1 minute, until pasta is al dente and peas are crisp-tender. Drain; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and saute 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth and cream cheese. Cook 3–5 minutes, whisking frequently, until mixture is well-blended.
- Add mozzarella cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Stir pasta mixture into sauce until pasta is coated.
- Add salmon, stirring gently until just combined.
- Sprinkle with pepper and dill.
Recipe Inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/smoked-salmon-alfredo/