I feel like a lot of the recipes I make are from MyFitnessPal. That’s a website I depend on a lot and it’s no different for this super tasty recipe!
This casserole was super easy to make and not to mention great for days or freezing! As usual I don’t particularly like spicy food, however, if you like spicy then some other ingredients I think would go well in here are: bell peppers, jalapeños, or chipotle chili peppers.
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15-ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounces) can diced tomato and green chili blend, drained
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish, and bake for about 25 minutes or until center is firm.
- Let cool 5–10 minutes, and serve with desired garnishes.
Recipe Inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/easy-southwestern-chicken-casserole/