Okay… really I’m on a soup kick. What can I say?! At least I’m not chugging a whole bunch of hot chocolate, right?!
This one is one of those soups where you won’t be able to put the spoon down! Really easy to make. It’s supposed to be spicy, and mine was a little bit more spicy than I would have liked, but it’s amazing. The recipe calls for avocado as well. I didn’t put it in the soup initially, I just put some in each bowl of it that I ate.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup Carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Chile canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can (15-ounce) White Hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) no-salt-added fire-roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounces medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup diced avocado (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro leaves
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, chipotle chili and garlic, cook 6 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, hominy, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Remove from heat; stir in juice and salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe Inspiration: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/spicy-tortilla-soup-with-shrimp-and-avocado/