Here, we have another Kate mistake made recipe. So I was reading over the recipe and totally wrote down the wrong thing, so in the process of cooking I had to quickly figure out what else to do!
So as we all know, I don’t really like spicy. But I do have some awesome suggestions to spice up this chili. You can always add some extra chili powder and some extra red pepper. Adding the peppers and the jalapeños that the recipe below suggests would be awesome.
I personally used beef because we haven’t had red meat in some time and I thought we should treat ourselves. But this chili would be awesome with some ground turkey. Keep in mind that turkey is a little bit more dry than beef, so you’d want to add some extra spices- salt and a little more olive oil.
Anyway… here we go!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth, reduced salt
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans,
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned
- Add in onions and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add in garlic and cook for another 2 mins
- Add spices, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, chicken broth and beans and bring mix to a boil
- Once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until desired consistency is reached
- Remove from heat, add corn and mix
- Serve & enjoy!
Recipe inspiration: http://www.thehealthymaven.com/2014/10/one-pot-beef-and-3-bean-chili.html