Another video!! This stuff makes me so happy. So as usual, I dulled down the spice in the recipe. Some things that would really enhance the recipe would be a couple of chopped peppers in the corn, bean & onion mixture. Add more cayenne pepper in the mixture.
The other thing I recommend is that you spread the final product in 4 different plates (makes 4 servings) it’s a lot easier that way. I put it all in one bowl and it ended up being hard to divide.
Please go to Youtube and subscribe! Also, follow my Instagram @thedailywithkate
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 3 tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can of sweet corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cut up avocados
- Cook brown rice as instructed
- Heat drizzle of olive oil in pan on medium heat
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle/rub evenly over both sides of the fish
- Add the fish to the pan and cook evenly until it flakes easily
- If necessary, add another drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the onion, beans and corn and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally
- Layer rice, bean mixture, and fish in a bowl and top with avocado, cilantro, and lime juice if desired
- Serve & enjoy!