Okay, so here’s day one of being vegetarian! I usually don’t like any recipes that have too much lemon, I think it’s over powering. However, I definitely like the taste of it- so I wanted to try something subtle and healthy.
With pasta dishes that don’t have meat or protein, it’s VERY important that you practice portion control. It’s easy to overload yourself on carbs in order to make up for the protein. Part of the vegetarian life is eating just as much as you would with meat in it, and not needing the meat portion. This will help train your stomach to learn to be satisfied after smaller, more balanced and healthier portions.
Here we go…
- 1/3 lb of thin spaghetti (or angle hair)
- 5 tbs of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package
- Heat 3 tbs of olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add garlic, sautee for 1 min
- Add onions and sautee for 1 min
- Add sliced lemons and let them sit in the mixture for an additional 2 minutes
- Add snow peas, lower heat and cover the pan to cook snow peas, about 5 minutes
- Drain pasta and add spinach to allow it to wilt
- Add the vegetable mixture into the pasta and toss to mix
- Use the other 2 tbs of olive oil and coat the pasta if it’s too dry
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to preferred taste
- Serve & enjoy!