Usually I keep certain staples around the house just in case I get too lazy to go food shopping or don’t feel like cooking up a new recipe or thinking of something new. Soups are definitely one of my staples but so is the ingredients to my fried rice.
I usually put some chicken or pork or shrimp in it, depending on what I’m feeling. When cooking the protein to put in the fried rice, I usually cook it in soy sauce to keep the flavor even. This time since I was on a vegetarian diet, I decided to try something new.
- White rice (I use boil in a bag)
- About 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 15 oz can sweet corn
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Cook rice according to directions
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and toss in snow peas, garlic cloves, corn and chopped onions, coat with oil
- Lower the heat slightly and cover the pan allowing the vegetables to steam and cook for about 2 minutes or until the snow peas are crisp. Make sure to check that nothing is sticking to the bottom or the garlic isn’t burning.
- Once the rice is cooked, toss the rice into the pan with the vegetables and mix together, pour the soy sauce and continue to mix.Taste to see if you need to add more soy sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!