So I was supposed to have recipes in mind last week but then naturally I completely forgot what I was supposed to do with the ingredients that we bought…
So I decided that I would just throw stuff altogether and hope for the best. Luckily, it was delicious!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (620 calories)
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (240 calories)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (87.5 calories)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (115 calories)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (8.7 calories)
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed (300 calories)
- All season salt
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a pan, season chicken with desired amount of all season salt and cook in pan with oil
- In pot or a large sauce pan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil, add the onions and the garlic. Once translucent, add can of diced tomatoes, including the liquid
- Allow the mixture to heat up. Drain and rinse beans then add to the mixture
- Once chicken is done cooking, cut up into cubes
- Once the mixture is hot, add chicken and quinoa and mix together. Remove from heat.
- Serve & enjoy!
Calories per serving (divided into 4): 342.8 calories