This is a super simple one. I really thought it was going to be spicy and I thought I wasn’t going to like it because I’m not huge on coconut. But luckily, it was AMAZING!!
2 Tbs. coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
2 Tbs. tomato sauce
1 1/2 Tbs. tikka masala curry
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. fine sea salt
2 (14-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from the can)
2 cups cooked brown rice for serving
- Cooke rice according to package.
- In a medium-size deep skillet (I used my dutch oven), heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until the it is tender and fragrant.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add the chicken and cook until the it begins to brown on all sides.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, masala, paprika, salt, tomatoes, and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook, checking often to make sure the curry doesn’t dry out (add water if necessary). Cook until chicken is cooked through and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with cooked brown rice.
Recipe inspiration: http://blog.barre3.com/recipes/chicken-tikka-masala/