So I really wanted to make some kind of a pot pie and I wanted to experiment so I came up with a simple and healthy seafood pot pie. This was delicious! I will say that I need to work on the recipe because it was definitely runny. I think it needed to thicken longer in the pot and bake longer as well.
I used scallops and shrimp mostly because that was what was quickest but I suggest to add salmon as well! You can use whatever kind of seafood that floats your boat as long as you have some meaty things in there. I also suggest you add something green, I meant to add parsley but I forgot. If you like celery or peas (I don’t) that’s great to add.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked scallops, chopped
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
- Pilsbury pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrots and then cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, salt and pepper, stirring until well blended. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in scallops and shrimp.
- Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, and put in oven; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes
- Serve & enjoy!