I often frequent a restaurant called Rice Bar where I was introduced to bibimbap bowls. Now I love rice, I love eggs and I love teriyaki sauce, does it get any better?? So I was CRAVING one but didn’t want to spend money so what better way than to make it myself??
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1 cup spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup kettle corn
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 eggs for each portion, fried
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (for steak)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (for vegetables)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (for topping on each separately)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, separated
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Coat flank steak with teriyaki sauce and add to hot oil. Cook until meat reaches desired temperature.
- Remove steak from heat and allow it to rest to finish cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms and carrots and teriyaki sauce. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn and lettuce for a couple of seconds just to heat up
- Divide rice into 4 portions, place vegetables on top portioned out evenly, add fried egg on top of vegetables and top with 1/4 cup (or desired amount) of teriyaki sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!