I really love shrimp and all seafood really. Shrimp scampi is a classic and I love it so but it’s rather unhealthy with all that butter and olive oil mixed. So I came up with an idea and it’s brilliant!!
Avocado oil people. I’ve recently come to love avocados and it’s seen as a very healthy fat. After quite a bit of research, here’s what I’ve found the benefits are: Boosts Nutrient Absorption, Lower Your Blood Pressure, Controls and Modifies Blood Cholesterol, Better Skin Quality, Moisturizes Hair and Skin.
SO not only is it a must try in this recipe but definitely start to incorporate it into your diet!
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti
- l/2 lb shrimp (I use cooked, frozen, tail on shrimp)
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1/3 cup of avocado oil
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- dash of black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a pan on medium heat, place the shrimp and heat until warm
- Remove shrimp from heat and remove tails
- Heat 1/3 cup of avocado oil, 2 tbs of butter, garlic cloves, lemon juice and salt until melted and blended
- Add the shrimp back into sauce to warm them up
- Pour the sauce and shrimp over the pasta and toss to mix
- Serve & enjoy!