So what is the way you can eat a delicious meal and have it be filling without in-taking a ton of carbs?! Well I found it. And there are TONS of varieties that you can go with here. Tons of substitute options and lots of different combinations that you can make. I’ll hopefully be trying to do some myself here!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup canned yellow corn
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 3 diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into 16 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, broth, lime juice and cumin and mix well. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve & enjoy!