Wanted to share some cruise pictures. So happy with how much progress I’ve made and happy with my image!
Okay so I’ve known about this cruise I’m going on since September. But it’s only recently hit me (today) that it’s only 20 days away!! I’ve officially reached my ideal body weight but now I’m looking to reach my ideal body image.
A few years ago, I used to go to a studio called “The Bar Method” and it was hands down the best workout I’ve ever had and I am still obsessed with it, but it’s just too expensive.
My friends have used this service called “Class Pass” where you purchase a few classes a month and it lets you go to a couple of different studios and get different work outs. I found a 50% off the first 3 months coupon for 5 classes and I took the plunge. The first class is none of than “The Bar Method” at 7AM tomorrow and I’m so excited!
In addition to getting some new work outs in, I’ve decided to elect in a 20 day vegetarian challenge starting today and ending the first day of my cruise. I really feel like eating healthy and not eating meat, I will detox my body and force myself into portion control.
Let’s see how it goes!
I really am looking to transform my figure. I want to be more lean and tone yet still look healthy. I want to love myself and the way I look to be confident in every day life. This is a real motivator for me.
I used to be an athlete, I was a competitive cheerleader until I had an unfortunate injury which forced me to retire. In those days I felt confident and fit. I was also younger, I had time to be active and generally had a smaller build. It’s not realistic to look the way I did before but it’s realistic to see myself in the same shape. So I’m putting up some progress pics along the way!
August 2, 2016 vs November 10, 2016
Okay so I know I posted a video of Katie from Blue Mercury doing my makeup for a little help (also posted below for your reference) but the issue is I still need a little more guidance. So like anyone, I used the Google Machine!! Here were some helpful photos and websites I really liked. This all aligned with what Katie showed me, but a little easier to see and tell so I can mimic her fantastic work.
Here’s one of the photos I really loved that helped.
And here’s a website with step by step instructions as well as really awesome photos, click here.
Please let me know what you think and anymore tips you’ve found!
So since I’ve started this whole ‘adulting’ thing I’ve been trying to find ways to be more confident in myself on a daily basis. All of my friends are really into make up, I’ve never been. I’ve always been too lazy and just generally uninterested in having stuff on my face. So usually I only wear makeup when I’m going out with some friends. I decided to go into “Blue Mercury” and I did a beauty consultation with Katie- she was awesome!
So she showed me which products are best for me and how I should apply makeup. I really don’t like a lot on my face so I got some really awesome light foundation with some concealer and some other products. She also taught me how to contour and other things. It’s important to spend money on things that go on your face so that you can protect your skin. Plus you want to buy good brushes because they’ll last. I’ll share with you all what I’ve learned.
STUFF I BOUGHT
- All over foundation brush
- Flat tradition foundation brush (used for my concealer)
- 3 eye shadow applying brushes
- Nars blush, Madly (used for contouring)
- Yves Saint Laurent foundation, sand
- Nars creamy concealer, medium
- Trish McEvoy eye base, bare
- Trish McEvoy gel eyeliner, deep aubergine
- Below is a photo that shows what Katie used on my face and what brushes belonged to each- I didn’t buy all of it because I had some
- Apply moisturizer and primer to your face (I used M-61 Powerful Skincare hydraboost moisturizer which is both primer and moisterizer)
- Start with your eyes (this way it’s easier to clean your face if some falls off)
- Apply your foundation all over your face
- Use the concealer to cover up anything that your foundation doesn’t
- Contour your face by adding the contour colors right at your cheekbone
- Highlight your cheekbone by adding your highlight color above your contour line
- Apply your blush inbetween your contour and highlight color on your cheekbone
Take a look at this amazing video by Katie from Blue Mercury as she transforms my face! This shows steps 5-7.